What is a tenant education course?
There is a saying “You don’t know what you don’t know”. Renting is a simple, everyday activity that we all know how to do, right? Not really. Every class participants are surprised at what they don’t know, how they could have saved money, avoided eviction court, etc.
Who should attend?
- Anyone with one or more of the following screening barriers:
– negative credit history
– criminal history
– short rental history (less than 1 year)
– no current rental history
– lack of written references
– short time on current job (less than 1 year)
– no current employment
– unverifiable income
– has not seen credit report, criminal history and/or eviction history in past 12 months
- Anyone with limited experience renting in Oregon
- Anyone who wants to know more about landlord/tenant rights in Oregon
It is recommended that everyone in the household over the age of 16 complete the class – either together or individually.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Know what your rights are
- Quit paying application fees only to be turned down
- How to actually get your deposits back.
- Customized Housing Portfolio
Why take a class at LifeABILITY?
- We are not a program – no special eligibility criteria
- Landlords, property managers, and staff welcome
- Teaching tenant education classes since 2003
- One of the original creators of the Rent Well curriculum
- 2009 – 2017 Train new Rent Well instructors
Again – from our graduates:
When graduates were asked if they agreed with the following statements-
- The class has taught me how to be a successful renter – 92%**
- What I learned in the class was worth the time I spent in class – 93%**
- Taking the class helped me to find housing – 74%**
- My housing situation looks better now than before – 84%**
** Percent that said Agree or Strongly Agree
Please check our Calendar for information about upcoming classes and class registration.