What is Rent Well?
Rent Well is a tenant education training that meets for 6 weeks, one 3-hour session per week.
Who should attend Rent Well?
- Anyone with one or more of the following screening barriers:
– negative credit history
– criminal history
– short rental history (less than 1 year)
– no current rental history
– lack of written references
– short time on current job (less than 1 year)
– no current employment
– unverifiable income
– has not seen credit report, criminal history and/or eviction history in past 12 months
- Anyone with limited experience renting in Oregon
- Anyone who wants to know more about tenant rights in Oregon
For more information on the information covered – check out our quiz here
It is recommended that everyone in the household over the age of 16 complete the class – either together or individually.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Know what your rights are
- Quit paying application fees only to be turned down
- How to actually get your deposits back.
- Landlord Guarantee Fund* – up to $2000
- Customized Housing Portfolio
* Landlord Guarantee Fund does not pay for deposits, move-in costs or current rent. It acts similar to an insurance policy to compensate the landlord under certain conditions.
Why Rent Well with Lifeability?
- We are not a program – no special eligibility criteria
- Landlords, property managers, and staff welcome
- Member of MultifamilyNW, largest landlord professional association
Again – from our graduates:
When graduates were asked if they agreed with the following statements-
- The class has taught me how to be a successful renter – 92%**
- What I learned in the class was worth the time I spent in class – 93%**
- Taking the class helped me to find housing – 74%**
- My housing situation looks better now than before – 84%**
** Percent that said Agree or Strongly Agree
Please check our Calendar for information about upcoming classes and class registration.