Every year people make New Year’s Resolutions to bring about change in our lives. While this is done with the best of intentions, I believe that it sets most of us up for failure. Most New Year’s Resolutions have fallen away before the end of January.
One of the guiding principals of LifeAbility is “keep it simple”. It this case, it really can be as simple as one word. Not a quote or phrase, not two words, not a hyphenated word, just one word.
Remember – just one word that you thoughtfully choose to be the word of your 2015.
Here are some things to consider as you think about your word:
- What does this word mean to me?
- Why is this word important for me to focus on?
- How will this word help me be the best you?
- How will I keep it present in my thoughts every day? How can I have a visual reminder?
- What would it look like on a day to day basis?
- Does my word apply to multiple areas of my life?
This is not original an original – you can find places all over the internet where people are doing this as…
- an individual
- a family
- a group
- a team
- a business
- a part of their faith.
Here is a clip from the Today Show to explain more: http://getoneword.com/todayshow/ Also at that website are lots of other resources including what One Word others have chosen for their year.
So what is your word for 2015? Share it in the comments, or on Facebook.