What is RentABILITY?
RentABILITY is our specific tenant education course here at LifeABILITY. It includes the Ready-to-Rent curriculum and will meet the requirements to get a Ready-to-Rent certificate upon completion. It also includes lot of additional information based on our involvement with various landlord organizations and over 15 years of experience in tenant education.
Why take a tenant education course?
There is a saying “You don’t know what you don’t know”.
Renting is a simple, everyday activity that we all know how to do, right? Not really.
Every class participants are surprised at what they don’t know, how they could have saved money, avoided eviction court, etc.
Who should attend?
- Anyone with limited experience renting in Oregon
- Anyone who wants to know more about landlord/tenant rights in Oregon
- Anyone with one or more of the following screening barriers:
– negative credit history
– criminal history
– short rental history (less than 1 year)
– no current rental history
– lack of written references
– short time on current job (less than 1 year)
– no current employment
– unverifiable income
– has not seen credit report, criminal history and/or eviction history in past 12 months
It is recommended that everyone in the household over the age of 16 complete the class – either together or individually.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Know what your rights are
- Quit paying application fees only to be turned down
- How to actually get your deposits back.
- Customized Housing Portfolio
Why the RentABILITY course?
- We are not a program – no special eligibility criteria
- Landlords, property managers, and staff are welcome
- Teaching tenant education classes since 2003
- One of the original creators of the Rent Well curriculum
- 2009 – 2017 Trainer for Rent Well instructors
- Member in several landlord organizations to provide balanced, real world information
Again – from our graduates:
When graduates were asked if they agreed with the following statements-
- The class has taught me how to be a successful renter – 92%**
- What I learned in the class was worth the time I spent in class – 93%**
- Taking the class helped me to find housing – 74%**
- My housing situation looks better now than before – 84%**
** Percent that said Agree or Strongly Agree
Please check our Calendar for information about upcoming classes and class registration.